About the riding and maintenance of e-scooters, you should know
November 5, 2021
Before using the electric scooter, check and adjust the front and rear brakes. Pay attention to check whether the screws are loose. If necessary, use glue to fix the screws; check whether the brake pads are excessively worn and replace them in time.
2. Before riding an electric scooter, check whether the tire pressure, handlebar steering flexibility, front and rear wheel rotation flexibility, electrical circuits, battery power, motor working conditions, and lights, horns, fasteners, etc. meet the requirements for use.
Insufficient tire pressure will increase the friction between the tire and the road, thereby shortening the mileage; it will also reduce the flexibility of the handlebar rotation, which will affect the comfort and safety of riding. When the air pressure is insufficient, the air pressure should be added in time, and the tire pressure should be in accordance with the specified air pressure on the tire surface.
When the handlebar is not flexible, it should be lubricated or adjusted in time. Lubrication generally uses butter, calcium-based or lithium-based grease.
The front and rear wheels are not flexible enough to rotate, which will increase the rotational friction and increase the power consumption, thereby reducing the mileage. Therefore, once a failure occurs, it should be lubricated and maintained in time. Generally, grease, calcium-based or lithium-based grease is used for lubrication; if the shaft is faulty, the steel ball or shaft can be replaced. If the motor is faulty, it should be repaired by a professional maintenance unit.
Before traveling, check the battery power, and judge whether the battery power is sufficient according to the mileage of the trip. Avoid under-voltage operation of the battery.
The working condition of the motor should also be checked before traveling. Start the motor and adjust its speed to observe and listen to the operation of the motor. If there is any abnormality, it should be repaired in time.
Before using electric bicycles, check the lights, horns, etc., especially at night. The headlights should be bright, and the beam should generally fall in the range of 5-10 meters in front of the front of the car; the horn should be loud and not hoarse; the turn signal should flash normally, the steering indicator should be normal, and the instrument display should be normal.
Before traveling, check whether the main fasteners are fastened. If the fasteners are loose or fall off, they should be fastened or replaced in time.
3. After riding in rain or snow, the driving speed should be appropriately reduced, and the braking distance should be increased to prevent sideslip and U-turn, so as not to endanger personal safety, and wipe it off as soon as possible; if the electrical components are immersed in water, they should also be dried with a hair dryer. So as not to cause corrosion of iron parts, circuit leakage, short circuit and other faults.
4. Electric scooters should avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight, and should be stored in a cool place. Sunlight exposure will accelerate the aging of paint, plastic parts, rubber parts and electronic components, reducing their service life and reliability.
5. When charging the battery, you should use the charger of the matching or manufacturer-specified model. Do not mix. When charging, the battery and charger should be placed in a ventilated and cool place, and placed securely. Keep away from flammable and explosive materials. Avoid high temperature, humidity and water. Cover with objects and keep infants and young children away from it. Do not modify the battery privately to avoid safety accidents.
6. Wear protective gear when riding, any small mistakes may cause accidents, so it is very important to wear protective gear